10 Feb What does your cell phone know about you?
Our cellphones and other portable electronic devices have become an integral and often indispensable part of our daily lives. From Facebook to Whatsapp; checking emails, online banking and even looking up the address of our next meeting, our devices know things that make us vulnerable to cyber criminals.
Knowing what information your device contains is the first step to protecting you and your family from a cyber attack:
- Your name and address can be pulled from a web browser autofill, geotagging or your contacts and using navigation apps
- Bank account information – from downloaded bank statements
- Passwords – stored in the file system
Yes it can happen to you:
- Banking app losses increased by more than 88% last year to an average loss of R 14 253 per transaction
- South African Android mobile phones were the second most targeted in the world for banking malware
- Someone’s identity is stolen every 2 seconds.
- 1 million children were victims of identity theft last year, two thirds were aged 7 or younger and 60% were personally related to the perpetrator
My Cylution is a personal cyber policy that covers you and your family against theft of funds, identity theft, cyber bullying or extortion, as well as data restoration resulting from a cyber incident.
Speak to your Key Account Executive at Apio to find out more..