02 Apr Global Choices and The Talking Point Paying it Forward
Apio service provider, Global Choices, has announced that they have been invited by their Mental Wellness Partner, The Talking Point, to take part in their “PAYING IT FORWARD” support service initiative. This service will be, with immediate effect, available to Apio, our clients, our employees and their families to assist with the more effective management of the anxiety and stress being experienced during the LOCKDOWN period.
The current situation has a huge effect on the economy and as a result adding stress to individuals, families, communities. Parents having to home-school their children, not able to see each other, trying to care for elderly relatives, trapped in abusive relationships, and the financial stress due to the lockdown, possible job losses and the lack of income.
This “PAYING IT FORWARD” initiative means we have access to The Talking Point’s national network of qualified professionals and counsellors through the 24 Hour emergency call centre that they are making available during the LOCKDOWN period between 7am and 9pm, Monday to Saturday, at no additional cost.
Every call taken will be handled with the utmost sensitivity and confidentiality and the team of qualified professionals will help identify and resolve and schedule more interventions accordingly.
What type of issues will be dealt with?
- Responding to the outbreak and how to handle it.
- Not being able to earn an income and the fear of being laid off.
- Fear and worry about your own physical and mental health and those of your loved ones.
- How parents and caregivers can deal with the COVID-19 calmly and confidently.
- How unhealthy eating, no exercise or sleeping habits leads to irritability and “acting out.
- Taking a break from media coverage of COVID-19 and the alternatives.
- Why you must ask for help if you feel anxious, overwhelmed or concerned.
How this can help you?
- Call on 0861 887 887 during the times provided – LOCKDOWN PERIOD ONLY
- Case managers will connect each client with a qualified professional.
- Calls will be engaged with empathy, listen, guide, counsel and assist where we can.
- Calls can be made to a landline, mobile, WhatsApp, videocall, skype, zoom or SMS.
- Guidance on how to handle the anxiety, stress and the circumstances more effectively.
If a more long-term counselling need is identified, they will immediately be referred to other networks for the appropriate service, offered to the client at preferential rates.
The goal with this “PAYING IT FORWARD” initiative, is to be part of the solution that will help improve and solve the anxiety and stress suffered, help them manage their circumstances and focus on their health and their family.
The “PAYING IT FORWARD” initiative will be adding value and aim to help as many clients by answering their concerns and questions with empathy, provide suggestions, alternatives, advice, support and create some perspective, and try and motivate those affected.